FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
This post contains no new, earth shattering information. It’s just resources that I have collected over the years to help people understand that we have been fed a load of bologna regarding saturated fats. I have written several posts that get a lot of discussion about whether saturated fats are healthy. These are the three that get the most commentary:
- Coconut Oil – Why is it so Wonderful?
- 52 Uses for Coconut Oil – The Simple, The Strange, and The Downright Odd!
- Butter IS Better – The Health Benefits of Grass-Fed Butter
Now, to check out some info that might help dispute the saturated fat myth. Please note: The content shared on this site is for informational and educational purposes only. Statements/products discussed have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease or illness. Please consult your own health care practitioner before making changes to your current diet or before beginning any herbal or vitamin supplement regimen or exercise program.
First up, a clip from the documentary Fat Head, which, if you haven’t watched, please do. And no, I am not calling YOU a fat head! 🙂
Next up, here are a few articles that contain some great nuggets of info regarding saturated fat. If nothing else, it’s food for thought, as we all continue on our journey of re-education in regards to what is healthy and what is not. What is truth and what is fiction? It is up to all of us to make our own decisions regarding our health and what is best for our families. I encourage each and every one of you to take some time and do your own research and come to your own decisions regarding what is right and what is wrong. Now, keep in mind, when I speak about saturated fats, I’m talking about the good ones, like butter, coconut oil, tallow, etc., not anything man-made. Stay away from man-made fats. Eat only what’s natural!
I pulled this list of articles from Health Impact News, which is an awesome site for alternative medicine, real food, natural health, etc., articles. Note that the authors are different for each article and there is a fair share that are written by actual medical doctors, so this is not just a bunch of average Joes (like me) saying saturated fat is not the devil it has been made out to be. Read on and then I would love to hear your thoughts!!
- LDL Cholesterol May Protect Us against Cancer
- Dutch Get it Right and Recognize Saturated Fat is Not a Problem
- 7 reasons to eat more fat
- Saturated fat and cardiovascular disease: The discrepancy between the scientific literature and dietary advice
- The Positive Effects of Low-Carbohydrate High Saturated Fat Diets on Diabetes
- Saturated Fats Help Build Hormones and Tame Your Appetite
- To Achieve Optimal Health Eat MORE Saturated Fat
- Are Saturated Fats Artery-Clogging?
- Dietary intake of saturated fat NOT associated with cardiovascular disease
- Saturated Fats are Good for You
- The Truth About Saturated Fats, from a Cardiologist
- How Africans have been fooled to think coconut oil and other traditional foods from their culture are unhealthy
- Enjoy Saturated Fats, They’re Good for You!
- Reducing Fats does not Prevent Heart Disease or Save Lives
- You’ve Been Living A Lie: The Story Of Saturated Fat And Cholesterol
- New Study: Don’t Fear Fat
- Could Saturated Fats Make a Comeback in Light of New Research?
- Epilepsy cured when parents stop all meds and use high fat diet only
- A Big Fat Mistake: Research Points to Carbs, not Saturated Fat, as Greatest Health Risk
- The Cholesterol Myth – We Need Cholesterol
- Butter versus Margarine: Why Butter is Better
- Why having high cholesterol isn’t always bad
- The Importance of Cholesterol for the Brain and the Danger of Carbs
For further reading, check out Butter IS Better: The Health Benefits of Grass-Fed Butter and How to Make European-Style Cultured Butter At Home.