FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
There is so much information being published right now about the positive effects of coconut oil and Alzheimer’s sufferers. This is an area that I am still learning about, but I am sharing the information I find with as many people as possible. I don’t personally know anyone who is suffering with Alzheimer’s, but many of you do and this information might be highly beneficial. If you know someone who is, or may be suffering, with Alzheimer’s or dementia, this information might be worth sharing with them or their caregivers.
I wanted to compile a list of the latest news on the subject and give you a jumping off point in case you wanted to research further. If you have any resources you’d like to add, please leave them in the comments below. Let’s get the word out about this and see if we can make people’s lives happier and healthier. You’re not going to see a lot of this info in mainstream media, however, there is some happening, which is incredibly promising. There are some medical doctors who are starting to stand up and take notice, so we might be right on the cusp of some change. Let’s keep our fingers and toes crossed!
Please note: The content shared on this site is for informational and educational purposes only. Statements/products discussed have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease or illness. Please consult your own certified health care practitioner before making changes to your current diet or before beginning any herbal or vitamin supplement regimen or exercise program.
Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s – New and Exciting Research
- Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s, by Brian Shilhavy
- Alzheimer’s: Diabetes of the Brain? – Dr. Oz
- Man in His 80’s with “Severe Dementia” Returning to Old Self After Starting Coconut Oil, Health Impact News
- Coconut Oil Reverses the Effects of Alzheimer’s in 50 Year Old Woman, Health Impact News
- What If There Was A Cure For Alzheimer’s Disease And No One Knew? by Dr. Mary Newport
- Vitamin D and Cholesterol Needed to Prevent Alzheimer’s – Coconut Oil Provides Needed Fuel for the Brain, Dr. Mercola
- CBN Reports on Coconut Oil for Alzheimer’s, Health Impact News
- What Coconut Oil Does For Mom, Health Impact News
- Alzheimer’s and Coconut Oil: How Coconut Oil Gave Me Back My Brain – Ian Blair Hamilton and Cassie Bond talk about how coconut oil changed their lives.
- Could Low Cholesterol Levels be a Factor in Alzheimer’s Disease?, by Dr John Briffa for The Cholesterol Truth
- FDA Admits Statins Cause Memory Loss, Liver Damage, and Diabetes, by Dr John Briffa for The Cholesterol Truth
The Future Looks Promising
There seems to be new information coming online about this every single day. I will try to share new info that I find, but please send this post and these resources to anyone you think could benefit from the information. If nothing else, we all need to up our doses of daily coconut oil, just to help our brains now. For more information on coconut oil, check out two of my posts on the subject:
52 Uses for Coconut Oil – The Simple, The Strange, and The Downright Odd! (make sure you check out the comments on this post. There are WAY more than 52 uses for coconut oil, thanks to readers who have left their ideas and experiences!)
If you’re interested in making your own skin care products, I highly recommend this eBook from my friend Jennifer: “Coconut Oil For Your Skin – Nourishing Your Body From The Outside In“. This is a great book that shows you how to nourish your body from the outside in, using coconut oil!
For lots of health-related information on coconut oil, I have found this book from the founders of Tropical Traditions to be very informative. One of the best books about virgin coconut oil out there, written by people who actually lived in a coconut producing region where coconut oil has been used for generations.