FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission on your sale which allows me to cover a portion of the cost of running the Delicious Obsessions site and free content we provide every week. This has no effect on your price and is simply a cost of doing business from the company you purchase from. I only recommend products or services that I have personally tried and love. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support!
Fall and winter means pumpkin season. It's my favorite time of year!
I love anything and everything pumpkin, but one of my most favorite pumpkin things is pumpkin bread. This recipe was inspired by Elana's Pantry Paleo Pumpkin Bread.
The bread is very dense, yet very tender. It makes a great, hearty breakfast slathered with pastured butter.
Because it has no gluten, the texture can be a but crumbly if you don't completely cool the loaf before slicing.
This is a high-fiber, high-protein, low-sugar alternative to store bought pumpkin breads.
Delicious Obsessions Product Recommendations
My affiliate partner, Vitacost, has really good prices on some of the ingredients in this recipe. If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase from Vitacost, and when your order ships, I’ll get a $10 off coupon for referring you. The cool thing about this program is that you can then refer your family and friends through your own link and YOU can get the $10 coupons too! 🙂
Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Vitacost and Thrive Market have better deals. If you like saving money, it's good to shop around! 🙂
In addition, my affiliate partner, Tropical Traditions, is where I get all of my coconut products from and if you make a purchase from them through any of my links, you will receive a free copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.
Mountain Rose Herbs is where I get all of my herbs and spices. Because of their exceptional products and customer service, I am happy to support them as one of my affiliate partners. I have tried many brands of herbs over the years and keep coming back to Mountain Rose.
Pumpkin Bread (Gluten and Grain Free)
I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 large pastured eggs
- 3 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (learn to make your own here)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. high-quality cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup (or honey)
- 10-15 drops vanilla stevia (optional)
- 1/8 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (soaked and dehydrated for better digestion)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon in a bowl and stir well. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, cream the eggs and the coconut oil together.
- Add the pumpkin, maple syrup, and stevia. Mix well, and then slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Pour into a small loaf pan. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top (which I forgot to do for the loaf I was photographing).
- Bake at 350 for 35-50 minutes. Check the loaf with a toothpick at 30 minutes. If it doesn't come out clean, continue baking. My oven is old and I've had a loaf take a full hour to bake, but if your oven works well, the loaf should be done after 40 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about an hour before removing from the pan. Let the loaf cool completely before cutting. Use a lightly serrated knife to cut. Serve with lots of real butter! 🙂