FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission on your sale which allows me to cover a portion of the cost of running the Delicious Obsessions site and free content we provide every week. This has no effect on your price and is simply a cost of doing business from the company you purchase from. I only recommend products or services that I have personally tried and love. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support!
With Thanksgiving only a week away, it's time to get our menus planned! I will definitely be including this relish in the meal. Cranberries are a super fruit and are full of great things like vitamin C and powerful phytonutrients and antioxidants. Studies have even shown a strong link between fresh cranberries and cardiovascular and liver health, due to their anti-inflammatory benefits. Scientists have proven that the compounds in the cranberry work best when kept together, so the whole fruit lends itself to a much higher nutritional profile than supplements, juice, or tinctures. All in all, eating whole, fresh cranberries is much more nutritious and effective than any other form of cranberry.
This recipe is based on the delicious cranberry relish that my sweet aunt makes at Thanksgiving time. The general cranberry relish recipe has been around forever. I think a lot of families have variations on it that they make to accompany their Thanksgiving turkey. While this relish tastes wonderful with turkey, it also tastes fantastic by itself or on vanilla ice cream. Yum! Plus, it's so simple and only take a couple minutes to make.
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. All funds earned go to help support the maintenance of this site and free content. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you! 🙂 And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it's good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
Cranberry Orange Relish With Ginger and Nuts
- 1 large organic orange, cut into wedges (Leave skin on, but I wash the skin well)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
In a large food processor, add the orange and cranberry and pulse until very roughly chopped. Add the walnuts, ginger, honey and lime juice and continue to pulse until combined, but still slightly chunky. You can whiz it up more and make a puréed texture if you'd prefer. My aunt just always served it chopped, so that's what I'm used to. This will keep in the fridge for several days and tastes better the day after you make it.