FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. Read our full terms and conditions here.
These almond butter protein snacks were developed for my dear husband. He loves protein bars. I, however, do not love them because they are full of junk.
So, in an effort to create a healthy protein bar substitute and also please his taste buds, I came up with this recipe. According to my calculations, each snack ball has approximately 8 grams of protein in it. If you roll them in the almonds and/or chia seeds, that will up the protein by a gram or two, depending on the size.
- Don’t like almond butter? No problem! Use whatever nut or seed butter you prefer and they will still be amazing. Sunflower seed butter is my all-time favorite.
- These freeze really well, so you can make a big batch and toss them in the freezer.
- Don’t feel like taking the time to roll all those little balls? Just spread the mixture in a glass dish, chill, and then cut into bars.
Looking for some other snack ideas? Here are a couple tasty recipes:
- Apple “Muesli” – A tasty grain-free snack or breakfast.
- Homemade “LaraBars” – You know those tasty snack bars? You can make them at home!
- Zesty Nacho Kale Chips – This is my copycat recipe for Rhythm Superfoods Nacho Kale Chips. SO good.
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!
Coupons and Freebies for Almond Butter Protein Snacks Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
- Soak your dates in warm water until soft.
- Remove the pits and place in a food processor with all other ingredients.
- Pulse until the mixture forms a dough, similar to sugar cookie dough.
- Chill in the fridge for 30-60 minutes. Using a small ice cream scooper, measuring spoon, or your hands, portion out the dough into bite size portions.
- Roll in your hands until a ball forms and then roll the dough in chopped nuts and/or chia seeds until covered.
- Refrigerate immediately. If your kitchen is hot, the dough will become soft and difficult to work with, so if that happens, just toss it back in the fridge for a few minutes to harden up again.
- I store the snack balls in the fridge in a glass container in a single layer. You could also freeze these individually as well.
Sometimes You Just Need a Good Snack!
If you’re reading this blog, chances are you’ve embarked on your gluten-free journey, but are missing your favorite snack foods. You’re bored with all of the gluten-free options out there (which, let’s face it, aren’t all that healthy). Let me ask you a few questions:
- Are you new to a real foods diet or just bored with eating the same thing every day?
- Are you in need of healthy snack ideas for your whole family?
- Would you like recipes that are easy, delicious, and healthy?
If you answered yes to any of these, then my eBook, Gluten-Free Snacks, is for YOU! This book features delicious real food snack recipes from an established community of real food bloggers. All of the recipes featured in this ebook are tried and true recipes that have been put to the test of both preparation and taste.
Long before blogging and social networks, trading recipes has been a way to connect and transfer culture, nourishment, and love from the heart of the home (the kitchen) to others. So, in the spirit of old-fashioned cookbooks produced by schools and churches, each cook featured in this book has provided her BEST recipe, so it winds up a collection of the best of the best!
You will love all the new ideas and new flavors in this book. Clear, easy to follow instructions, beautiful photographs, and accessible ingredients will make this book a favorite resource.
Feed your family healthy and nourishing gluten-free snacks every day without sacrificing taste! These snacks are a great way to add variety to your family’s diet. Healthy snacks are what keep us going between meal times, giving us the energy and sustainable blood sugar that we need to power through our to-do list.
It’s time to ditch the food boredom and embrace deliciousness once again! The Gluten-Free Snacks eBook is your ticket to healthy, delicious, well-balanced snacks to keep you energized and focused no matter the time of day or activities you’re enjoying! Learn more about this eBook and how to download your copy of Gluten-Free Snacks here (or click on the image below).