FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
Now that the weather is getting warmer, there’s nothing like a refreshing ice cold beverage to quench your thirst and this refreshing coconut water “green” drink will do just that! I whipped this drink up after I got home from yoga class and was feeling really dehydrated.
Cucumbers are very refreshing and hydrating. While they are composed mostly of water, the skin is rich in fiber and contains silica, potassium, and magnesium. A lot of people don’t like the skins of cucumbers, but they are worth eating so you can get those minerals. Make sure you use organic cucumbers if you’re going to eat the skin.
Coconut water is very hydrating and is full of natural electrolytes.
Parsley is full of nutrition with a large amount of available vitamin K, C, and A, along with anti-oxidants that help cleanse the blood. Parsley is also a great source of folic acid, which is one of the most important B vitamins. To green smoothies and beverages, parsley adds a mild “green” flavor that is light and refreshing. Because of the high nutritional value of parsley, I’ve started keeping it on hand regularly and I use it in everything I can think of. The World’s Healthiest Foods website has a great article on parsley.
You could add a variety of ingredients to this recipe. Fresh or frozen berries would be nice. Watermelon would be divine. Honeydew would also be a delicious flavor to compliment the cucumber and citrus.
Delicious Obsessions Product Recommendations
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!
P.S. I absolutely LOVE my Blendtec blender. Read my Blendtec vs. Vitamix comparison here.
- There are two ways you can make this - it's delicious either way:
- Chop the cucumber and parsley and add to a quart jar. Add the stevia, coconut water, lemon juice, and ice. With a tight fitting lid, shake vigorously until combined. Serve immediately. When you get done with the beverage, you'll have a fresh little salad in the bottom of your glass. Some people might think this is weird - I thought it was tasty.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients, except the ice and pulse to combine (I LOVE my Blendtec!). Pour over ice and serve. If you want it more like a slushee texture, add some ice and blend to desired consistency.
Hey AIP Friends! Are You Struggling with Breakfasts?
I can help! I have done the AIP twice, once for 6 months and the next time for about 18 months and now a large number of my readers are also following the autoimmune protocol for their own healing. I have created a number of AIP compliant recipes for this site, and many can easily be modified to fit your AIP lifestyle.
During my time on the AIP I learned a lot, but breakfasts were, by far, the hardest meals for me to plan out. I was an eggs-for-breakfast kind of gal and turns out, I react to eggs so those for sure had to go. What’s a gal to do when she’s had her favorite go-to breakfast taken away?
Which is what I did, along with the help of 25 other amazing AIP bloggers who all used the AIP to help further along their healing. Together, we created the 85 Amazing AIP Breakfasts eBook (one of the very first digital resources of its kind). The book was coordinated and designed by my friend, Eileen of Phoenix Helix website, and it quickly became a favorite resource in the AIP community!
ONE OF THE FIRST DIGITAL RESOURCES OF ITS KIND, THIS COOKBOOK IS:
- A paleo autoimmune protocol cookbook that is aligned with The Paleo Approach
- A resource for reversing autoimmune disease
- The work of 26 AIP bloggers who have used the AIP to improve their own health.
- 85 curated breakfast recipes from the best of the AIP blogs, including 33 completely new recipes never published before!
- Over half of the recipes can easily be modified for low-FODMAP, GAPS/SCD, low-histamine, and coconut-free diets using the handy substitution charts included in the book.
- Delicious beverages like Rooibos “Latte”, Vanilla “Cappuccino”, Smoothies, Liver & Kidney Detox drink, and more!
- Breakfast bowls like Creamy Grain-Free “Porridge”, Roasted Cinnamon Pear “Oatmeal”, Biscuits & Gravy, Cranachan, and more!
- Breakfast skillets like Sweet Potato Beef Curry, Rabbit Sweet Potato Hash, Bacon & Veggie Fry-Up, Liver & Mushroom Stir-fry, Zucchini Apple Hash, and more!
- Soups (yes! You can eat soup for breakfast) like Greek Gyro Soup, Carrot Ginger Halibut Soup, Fragrant Herb & Coconut Chicken Soup, Offal (but now awful!) Stew, and more!
- Patties like Apple Pie Pork Patties, Ginger Green Onion Patties, Perfect Breakfast Sausage, Tuna Cakes with Green Olives, Cranberry Maple Chicken Patties, and more!
- Pancakes (yum!) like Sweet Potato Banana Pancakes, Spinach Plantain Pancakes, Fig & Citrus Hand Pies, Plantain Waffles, Cinnamon Crumb Cakes, and more!
Regardless of whether you are just starting out on the AIP or you’re already into the program, this cookbook is the perfect addition to your kitchen. Say goodbye to boring breakfasts and hello to deliciousness every morning! Learn more here and download your copy today (it would make a great gift for a loved one too!) by clicking on this link here, or on the image below.