FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
This recipe was inspired by the recipe I found on Health-Bent.com for their Paleo Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
I was really craving some chocolate chip cookies, but if I’m going to eat something sweet then it needs to be somewhat good for me too.
These are dense little cookies – full of of protein from the nut butter, eggs, and flax meal. One was all that I needed to satiate my craving!
Delicious Obsessions Product Recommendations
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
Chocolate Nut Butter Cookies :: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free
- 2 cups organic nut or seed butter of your choice (sunflower seed is my fave!)
- 3 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh ground flax meal (always by flax seeds and grind them right before use. Flax meal goes rancid very quickly)
- 1/2 cup high-quality, organic cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup soy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar
- 12 drops stevia
- coconut oil for pans
- Cream the peanut butter and eggs together until smooth. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined. The dough is going to be crumbly so you will need to shape each cookie by hand. I found that refrigerating the dough for a few minutes helps (and definitely keep it in the fridge between batches). Shape and flatten the cookies to your desired size – this is not the kind of dough that spreads. Place cookies on a cookie sheet that has been greased with coconut oil.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 13 minutes. They may seem undercooked when you take them out, but they firm up as they cool. Makes approximately 18 cookies.
Learn How to Make Perfect Ice Cream (and Other Frozen Treats) at Home
Ice cream is the quintessential dessert (and, ahem, it would probably go pretty darn great with this recipe!). I mean, I can’t think of a single person that I’ve ever met who doesn’t like ice cream. While not everyone is as passionate about the cold, creamy, sweet concoction as I am, I am betting that if you’re reading this, you probably enjoy a frozen treat of some sort every now and then.
If so, then I have the PERFECT resource for you today.
I am crazy for ice cream, but I find that there are very few commercial ice creams that I can eat. I can’t do dairy, so that scratches a good 75% of them off the list. And the non-dairy options either taste funny, have too much sugar, or have weird gums and additives that my poor gut just doesn’t tolerate.
So, what’s a gal to do?
Master the art of making her own ice cream at home, that’s what!
And create I did and The Splendid Scoop and Other Frozen Treats eBook was born! This is one of my best-selling eBooks because I arm you with everything you need to make your own perfect ice cream (or other frozen treats) at home any time you want.
And I do it all with real food ingredients, no refined sweeteners, not gums, not stabilizers. No junk here.
Oh, and I also have made the recipes allergen-friendly and even adaptable for stricter healing diets (like the AIP).
So, if you are ready to master the art of making your own ice cream at home, this is the perfect book for you. Don’t let another special occasion or hot day in the summer pass you by watching everyone else enjoying cold treats while you sit on the sideline due to your dietary restrictions.
If you are ready to learn more about The Splendid Scoop and Other Frozen Treats and see how you can download your own copy today, click here (or just click on the image below!).