FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
This recipe was developed after I stumbled across a recipe on Elana’s Pantry. I was looking for something different to make as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up and these hit the spot! They are really soft, so make sure you keep them refrigerated or frozen until you want to eat them. They are similar to the LaraBars that you can find at the grocery store.
Coupons and Freebies for Chocolate Energy Bars Recipe Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon instant ground coffee (optional)
- 1/3 cup high-quality, organic cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 16 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener of your choice (coconut sugar, maple syrup, raw honey)
- 10 drops [Stevia}
- 1 tablespoon water
- Coconut oil for pan
- In a food processor, blend the nuts, coconut, cocoa, and coffee together until a coarse flour forms.
- Add the dates (do not forget to remove the pits!), vanilla, coconut sugar, stevia, and water, and blend together until combined. It will be sticky.
- Grease a glass dish (I used a 9×9) with the butter and then dump the mixture in there.
- Using a spatula (or your fingers), press the dough into the dish until it is packed firmly.
- Chill in the freezer for a couple of hours before cutting. I like to portion these up individually so that I can just grab one on the way out the door.
Inspired by Elana’s Pantry’s ”Chocolate Espresso Power Bars.“
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
SweetLeaf Sweet Drops Liquid Stevia Sweetener
Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Raw Honey
Certified Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
Nutiva Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined, Virgin Coconut Oil
Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Medjool Dates, 2 Lbs - Soft Chewy Texture | Sweet Caramel Flavor | Farm Fresh
Anthony's Organic Shredded Coconut
Anthony's Organic Cocoa Powder, 2lbs, Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free & Non GMO
Mount Hagen Organic Fair Trade Freeze Dried Instant Coffee
Terrasoul Superfoods Raw Unpasteurized Organic Almonds (Sproutable), 2 lbs
NOW Foods, Certified Organic Cashews, Whole, Raw and Unsalted, Rich Buttery Flavor, Source of Fiber, Protein and Iron, Certified Non-GMO, 10 oz.
NOW Foods Raw, Organic Walnuts
Sometimes You Just Need a Good Snack!
If you’re reading this blog, chances are you’ve embarked on your gluten-free journey, but are missing your favorite snack foods. You’re bored with all of the gluten-free options out there (which, let’s face it, aren’t all that healthy). Let me ask you a few questions:
- Are you new to a real foods diet or just bored with eating the same thing every day?
- Are you in need of healthy snack ideas for your whole family?
- Would you like recipes that are easy, delicious, and healthy?
If you answered yes to any of these, then my eBook, Gluten-Free Snacks, is for YOU! This book features delicious real food snack recipes from an established community of real food bloggers. All of the recipes featured in this ebook are tried and true recipes that have been put to the test of both preparation and taste.
Long before blogging and social networks, trading recipes has been a way to connect and transfer culture, nourishment, and love from the heart of the home (the kitchen) to others. So, in the spirit of old-fashioned cookbooks produced by schools and churches, each cook featured in this book has provided her BEST recipe, so it winds up a collection of the best of the best!
You will love all the new ideas and new flavors in this book. Clear, easy-to-follow instructions, beautiful photographs, and accessible ingredients will make this book a favorite resource.
Feed your family healthy and nourishing gluten-free snacks every day without sacrificing taste! These snacks are a great way to add variety to your family’s diet. Healthy snacks are what keep us going between meal times, giving us the energy and sustainable blood sugar that we need to power through our to-do list.
It’s time to ditch the food boredom and embrace deliciousness once again! The Gluten-Free Snacks eBook is your ticket to healthy, delicious, well-balanced snacks to keep you energized and focused no matter the time of day or activities you’re enjoying! Learn more about this eBook and how to download your copy of Gluten-Free Snacks here (or click on the image below).