FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
Winter is here and that means that crockpot season is in full swing! I love cooking meals in the crockpot because it’s one of those “set it and forget it” meals, which makes my life a whole lot simpler! This recipe was inspired by my friend Penelope and it was a big hit the first time I made it. It is so simple that I am sure it will become a go-to dish in your cookbook.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups organic salsa
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 cups organic refried beans
- 2 cups corn kernels (optional)
- 1 tablespoon blackening seasoning
- Water or chicken broth if needed
- In the bottom of the crockpot, add the refried beans and 2 cups of salsa.
- Place the chicken breasts in next and cover with the remaining 2 cups of salsa.
- On top of that, add the black beans and corn.
- Turn the crockpot on low heat and cook for 6-8 hours, stirring every now and then. If it starts to get too thick, you can add a little water of chicken broth to thin it out to your liking.
- Serve with soaked brown rice, tortillas, tortilla chips, cheese, and/or sour cream (optional).