FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
These maple coconut bars with coconut oil are the perfect little treat when you want something sweet (but not too sweet), and you want it to be good for you too!
I developed this recipe after I tried a coconut bar made by Oskri Organics. Their bars are really tasty, but I didn’t like the fact that it had so much sugar in them. So, I wanted to try making something similar with lots of coconut oil and a little maple syrup instead of rice syrup.
The recipe turned out well, though it’s not an exact copycat recipe. The Oskri bars are much chewier, due to the rice syrup, but frankly, it’s just too much sugar for me to consume at one time.
I am always looking for a way to get more coconut oil into my diet, and this is the perfect avenue. I would recommend keeping them in the fridge though – the oil melts really quickly if left out. You can let them warm up a little bit so they’re not quite so hard and they get a soft fudge-texture. Eat them fast!
Note: If you want to eliminate the sugar altogether, you could leave the maple syrup out. Also, if you don’t like the maple flavor, I’m sure they would be equally delicious with honey or another type of sweetener of your choice.
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!!! This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered from Nutritionix and we often find their calculations to be slightly inaccurate based on the whole food ingredients we use on this site. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on many factors. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible, but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!!! This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered from Nutritionix and we often find their calculations to be slightly inaccurate based on the whole food ingredients we use on this site. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on many factors. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible, but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Hey AIP (and even non-AIP) Friends! Listen Up! It’s Finally Time for “FAST” Food on the AIP!
Yes, you read that right. FAST FOOD on the AIP! How is that even possible you ask? Well, I’ll tell you:
The Instant Pot!
Yes, this small kitchen appliance will take your healing autoimmune protocol meals to a whole new level of deliciousness and simplicity. You’ll be preparing gourmet, restaurant-style dishes in the comfort of your own home, easily and quickly.
I know, it sounds too good to be true, but I assure you, it’s not. And listen, while this eBook was created for our AIP friends, everyone will LOVE the nourishing, real food recipes in this book, regardless of your eating style.
I’ve done the AIP twice in my life, once for 6 months and then the second time for about 18 months. Both times I found myself struggling with the amount of time it took to prepare my food. And, because our food choices are limited, especially during the initial healing phase, I started to get really bored and stuck in a rut with food.
That is why I am so passionate about The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook that myself and 36 other experienced AIP bloggers and practitioners have put together just for you. We created this resource as a way to help you alleviate the burden of time and energy that comes with cooking AIP meals from scratch.
This is the first digital eBook written specifically for the AIP community using the Instant Pot. This book:
- Focuses on the pressure cooker function, creating fast and delicious meals. Are you nervous about using a pressure cooker? No worries. There’s a tutorial in the front of the e-cookbook.
- Features over 140 recipes, including Broths, Sauces/Condiments, Vegetables, Poultry, Meat, Seafood, Organ Meat, and Dessert.
- Special diet modifications: Over half the recipes in this e-cookbook can be easily modified for Low-FODMAP, GAPS/SCD and Coconut-Free diets. (Charts are included at the back of the book.)
- Packed with flavor with such diverse recipes as: Bone Broth (of course), Cranberry BBQ Sauce, Marinara Sauce, Cauli-fredo Sauce, Bacon Orange Cherry Jam, “Baked” Sweet Potatoes, Cauliflower Rice, Artichokes with Lemon Tarragon Dipping Sauce, Smothered Okra, Creamy Kabocha Squash Soup, Fall Off the Bone Whole Chicken, Mole Chicken with Bluecumber Salsa, Lemongrass and Ginger Chicken Zoodle Soup, Stuffed Acorn Squash, Turkey and Gravy, Speedy Chili, Teriyaki Garlic Beef, Ukrainian Borscht, Sticky Pork Short Ribs, Pork Vindaloo, Lamb and Apricot Curry, Simple French Navarin Lamb Stew, Chicken Liver Pâté, Steak and Kidney Stew, Tongue Tacos, Jambalaya, Steamed Crab, Leek and Shrimp Risotto, Salmon and Sweet Potato Chowder, Poached Pears, “Chocolate” Cake, Pina Colada Tapioca Pudding, Mini Pumpkin Pies, and over 100 other fabulous recipes!
- Written by 37 AIP bloggers who have used the paleo autoimmune protocol to improve their own health. The result is a book far better than any one person could have created alone.
It’s time to stop using all of your precious time and energy slaving away in the kitchen. Eating real food can be time-consuming enough, but adding the AIP on top of it can lead to even more work.
Now you can FINALLY enjoy “fast” food on your healing protocol. Less time, less stress, more flavor. You deserve it. Learn more about the Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook and how to download your copy here (or just click on the image below).