FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission on your sale which allows me to cover a portion of the cost of running the Delicious Obsessions site and free content we provide every week. This has no effect on your price and is simply a cost of doing business from the company you purchase from. I only recommend products or services that I have personally tried and love. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support!
Everyone needs a basic meatball recipe in their repertoire and this is a simple and delicious recipe is a keeper.
You can use these meatballs in a wide range of dishes, from spaghetti and other pasta dishes to meatball sandwiches and more! I like to make a big batch and eat them as snacks, or even saute them with some veggies for a fast breakfast.
Coupons and Freebies for Basic Grass-fed Beef Meatball Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. All funds earned go to help support the maintenance of this site and free content. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you! 🙂 And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it's good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
Basic Beef Meatballs
I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. All funds earned go to help support the maintenance of this site and free content. Thank you! 🙂
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley (dried or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs (or, you can replace the bread crumbs with 3-4 tablespoons of coconut flour)
- Coconut oil for frying
Place your ground beef, eggs garlic and spices in a large bowl and gently combine using a fork or your hands. Make sure to not overwork the beef in order to prevent it from becoming tough. Add the bread crumbs and lightly combine. Roll mixture into meatballs and let sit in the fridge for one hour. This will help the flavors combine and give you a richer tasting meatball.
Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Gently place the meatballs into the skillet, being careful to not get splattered with the hot oil. Also, make sure you don't overcrowd the pan – give the meatballs plenty of room for browning. Gently turn rotate te meatballs so that all sides are browned. If the meatballs are still a little rare in the middle, you can bake in the oven for a few minutes to finish cooking them.
These also freeze great, so it's always a great idea to make a large batch and freeze them in individual portions so you have them on hand for a quick and easy dinner.