FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
In my house, blackening seasoning is a staple. I use it ALL the time in just about anything from soups, to salad dressings, to chicken, beef and fish, to casseroles, and much more!
I used to purchase the seasoning blend, but once I started paying attention to the ingredients, I decided that I should just make my own to avoid any preservatives, anti-caking agents, and MSG. Plus, it’s a lot cheaper. I started experimenting and quickly realized how easy it is – I already had all of the ingredients that I needed on hand.
Delicious Obsessions Product Recommendations
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika (sweet or smoked – either or both will work)
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 teaspoons white pepper
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoons thyme
- 1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Stir all of the ingredients together in a bowl and store them in an airtight container.
- This makes a pretty large batch, so if you don’t anticipate using it quickly, I would recommend cutting it in half or quarters for a smaller batch. I make a big batch because we use it in everything!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
The Spice Hunter Organic Nutmeg, Whole, 1.8 oz. jar
McCormick Gourmet Organic Ground Cumin
Black Pepper Organic
Redmond Real Sea Salt
Simply Organic Chili Powder | Certified Organic | 2.89 oz. (3 Pack)
Frontier Co-op Garlic Powder, Certified Organic, Kosher | 7.76 oz Resealable Bag | Allium sativum L.
Simply Organic Onion Powder