FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission on your sale which allows me to cover a portion of the cost of running the Delicious Obsessions site and free content we provide every week. This has no effect on your price and is simply a cost of doing business from the company you purchase from. I only recommend products or services that I have personally tried and love. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support!
In my house, blackening seasoning is a staple. I use it ALL the time in just about anything from soups, to salad dressings, to chicken, beef and fish, to casseroles, and much more!
I used to purchase the seasoning blend, but once I started paying attention to the ingredients, I decided that I should just make my own to avoid any preservatives, anti-caking agents, and MSG. Plus, it's a lot cheaper. I started experimenting and quickly realized how easy it is – I already had all of the ingredients that I needed on hand.
Delicious Obsessions Product Recommendations
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. All funds earned go to help support the maintenance of this site and free content. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you! 🙂 And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it's good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
Homemade Blackened Seasoning
I highly recommend the herbs from my affiliate partner, Mountain Rose Herbs. I find the quality of their products to be superior to other brands I've tried.
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika (sweet or smoked – either or both will work)
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 teaspoons white pepper
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg
Stir all of the ingredients together in a bowl and store in an airtight container. This makes a pretty large batch, so if you don't anticipate using it quickly, I would recommend cutting it in half or quarters for a smaller batch. I make a big batch because we use it in everything!