FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
Nothing beats good homemade mashed potatoes. Paired with a grass-fed steak, you’ve got a fantastic steak dinner without ever stepping foot into a steak house!
These potatoes are one of my hubby’s favorite sides. He is a meat and potatoes kind of guy — I think he’d live on mashed potatoes if I’d let him.
One interesting note about this recipe. They freeze really well. I make this recipe in quadruple batches and then portion them up in individual servings for fast sides during the busy week.
- Wash the potatoes and chop them into small pieces.
- Rinse well in a colander and then place in a large pot.
- Cover with water and lid and bring to a boil. Cook for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Drain water, leaving potatoes in the pot.
- Add butter, cream, and garlic and mash together using a hand masher or a hand-held mixer on low speed.
- When the potatoes are smooth, add the cheddar cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper.