FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
I came across a couple of fantastic articles on the Journal of Living Food and Healing’s website. Rather than regurgitate all of the info in the posts – and frankly, there is far too much to do so – I strongly encourage you to read Part 1 and Part 2.
If that’s not enough to entice you, then did you know:
- Cows are not designed to live on foods other than grass and hay? Their stomachs are not capable of digesting grain (which is what today’s commercial dairy cattle live on).
- In the late 1800s and early 1900s, dairy farm owners would build their dairies next door to whisky distilleries and feed their cows waste from the distillery, called “distillery slop”? The quality of this milk was so poor that it couldn’t even be used for cheese or butter.
- Pasteurization came about as a band-aid to control disease because the dairies were so dirty and contaminated? Rather than clean up the dairies and practice efficient sanitary methods, they would rather slap a band-aid on the situation in order to “fix” the problems.
- Raw milk is actually SAFER to drink than pasteurized milk, despite all the smear campaigns that would tell you otherwise.
- Raw milk is considered a “super food” because it is full of essential vitamins and minerals (including CLA and omega-3s), plus all of the enzymes that ensure they are properly utilized by your body?
That is just a small tidbit of all the info that is presented in these articles. This is a topic I feel strongly about, so I will be posting the latest news and information on this topic as it arises.
Photo courtesy of steved_np3 and stock.xchng