FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission on your sale which allows me to cover a portion of the cost of running the Delicious Obsessions site and free content we provide every week. This has no effect on your price and is simply a cost of doing business from the company you purchase from. I only recommend products or services that I have personally tried and love. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support!
2017 is literally around the corner. Like, in TWO DAYS! Where did 2016 go? I feel like I blinked and the whole year disappeared. And what a year it was. Full of all sorts of interesting journeys and personal growth.
Since the new year is almost here, a lot of people are thinking about how they want to be healthier in 2017 and one of the best ways to do that is to eat more real food. But getting started with real food can be a little overwhelming, especially if you are new to it and used to a Standard American Diet (SAD).
When people ask me what my favorite ways (and easiest) to eat healthier are, there are always two that top the list:
- Choosing healthy fats and oils. Watch my video on YouTube about this.
- Making your own salad dressings at home (which goes hand in hand with #1).
A lot of people don’t realize just how easy it is to make your own dressings at home. It is so super simple, allows you to control the ingredients, and tastes 1 million times better than storebought.
Once you start making your own dressings at home, you won’t go back to commercial dressings. Trust me. They are that delicious! 🙂
Today I want to show you how easy it is to make your own dressings at home. Full recipes below the video tutorial. Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and give me a thumbs up if this video resonated with you! Your support helps me reach more people on YouTube so I can help them live healthier lives!
Coupons and Freebies for Ranch & Italian Salad Dressing Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. All funds earned go to help support the maintenance of this site and free content. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you! 🙂 And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Vitacost: If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase.
- Tropical Traditions: If you make a purchase from them through this link, you will receive a free copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book with your order.
Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Vitacost and Thrive Market have better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
Easy Ranch Dressing
Makes 3 batches
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried chives
- Whisk all ingredients together until blended. If you want a more finely-ground seasoning mix, you can pulse the mixture in a food processor until it reaches your desired consistency. Store in an airtight container.
- When you are ready to make your dressing, combine 1 Tbsp. seasoning mix with 1/3 cup mayo and 1/3 cup milk, and whisk to combine. You can also substitute Greek yogurt for the mayo.
Classic Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and seasonings until well combined.
- Alternatively, you can use a blender, immersion blender, or just place a tight lid on the jar and shake vigorously.