This post may contain affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product or service I wouldn’t use on my own family.
Bone broth! Yes, I know, we’ re going to talk about bone broth…again! But, there is a reason you are seeing bone broth all over, it is a majorly nutrient dense item to add to your daily diet.
Bone broth is FULL of minerals that we are sorely lacking in our diets today and they are easily absorbable minerals for those of us that have gut issues.
Broth, when properly prepared also contains gelatin, which is great for our hair, skin, connective tissues and stomach lining.
I recently had a hair mineral test analysis and found I am lacking in some major minerals. This isn’t a huge surprise as I know I have been missing some pieces in my journey in healing from my Hashimoto’s.
My nutritionist recommend that I get as much bone broth into my diet as I could. I love soup, I don’t even mind drinking a cup of bone broth, but let me tell you, after a few weeks, I was kind of tired of it.
I decided to play with some recipes where I could use bone broth and wouldn’t be considered soup. It’s been fun and challenging at the same time. But, I have worked up enough recipes, like my gluten free chicken lo mein, that I am easily getting broth into me and my family three times a day.
Now, I’m on a mission to not only nourish my body this winter, I want to share with others just how easy it is to get a few cups of broth in a day. (Even when you are tired of soup!)
I have found over 40 recipes that amazingly fit in some broth that you will simply love. You will no longer struggle to get that broth in, but you will be totally excited to use it. It feels awesome when you can feed your family and yourself a highly nutrient dense meal that tastes good.
If you have never made bone broth before, don’t panic, it is one of the easiest and most forgiving things to make. (Plus, it is very economical) You can find a great tutorial on making broth, here. You can also use an Instant Pot, which is Jessica’s favorite way to make bone broth. You can learn more about the Instant Pot in her thorough review here or find them on Amazon if you are interesting in snagging one (sometimes they have some amazing deals!). Learn more about making bone broth in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker here.
If you are looking for more soup recipes to use broth, this is a FANTASTIC collection of recipes.
More than 40 recipes using bone broth (and none of them are soup!)
- Sloppy Joes from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Spiced Cranberry Pot Roast from Gutsy by Nature
- Ginger Lemongrass Poached Halibut from This is so Good
- Stuffed Cabbage from Delicious Obsessions
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Slow Cooker Caveman Chili from Recipes to Nourish
- Garlic and Ginger Beef with Broccoli from Gutsy By Nature
- Shepard’s Pie form This is so Good
- Sweet and Sour Stir Fry from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon with Paleo Pan Sauce from Gutsy by Nature
- Simply Chuck Roast from It Takes Time
- Lo Mein from Simply Healthy Home
- CrockPot Beef Stew from Divine Health on the Inside
- Beef Stroganoff from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Maple Apple Chicken Breakfast Sausage from Recipes to Nourish
- Beef Shanks with Vietnamese Spiced Glaze from Gutsy by Nature
- Pastelon from This is so Good
- Mom’s Homemade Chicken Pot Pie from Cultured Palate
- Pork Chops with Pear Shallot Sauce from Gutsy by Nature
- Osso Bucco with Sundried Tomatoes from This is so Good
- Sweet Potatoes and Greens Saute from Raising Generation Nourished
- Sloppy “Rose” Lettuce Wraps from Recipes to Nourish
- Broth Burgers from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Pork Chops with Leek Sauce from Gutsy by Nature
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole from Raising Generation Nourished
- Paleo Bone Broth from Paleo Gone Sassy
- Butternut Squash Risotto from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- How to use Bone Broth (with a tomato sauce recipe!) from Food Renegade
- Sweet Potato Stuffing form Cultured Palate
- Baked Fennel and Potatoes from Gutsy by Nature
- Nightshade Free Pizza Sauce from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Homemade cornbread stuffing with apple cranberries and Thyme from Recipes to Nourish
- Dairy Free Scalloped Potatoes from Simply Healthy Home
- Green Bean Casserole from Paleo Gone Sassy
- Dairy Free Mac and “Cheese” from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Sautéed Kale with Pasture Butter from Recipes to Nourish
- Heavenly Rice with Cauliflower from Food yours body will thank you for
- Bacon Mushroom Liver Pate from Gutsy by Nature
- Grain Free Stuffing and Sausage from Eat Beautiful
- Savory Turkey Rice from Raia’s Recipes
- Homemade Pesto Quinoa Salad from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Spring in a Bowl from Raising Generation Nourished
As you can see by this awesome collection, bone broth can be used in so many ways. Your family probably won’t even notice! However, you will know you are taking a great step in nourishing you and your family.