These coconut oil roasted carrot fries are probably one of our favorite sides. They taste great with just about anything — burgers, hot dogs, chicken, steak, fish, etc. The recipe developed as an accident, as I was roasting some carrots for dinner one night and kind of forgot about them. When I remembered, they were pretty browned (OK, some were black), but even the burnt ones were tasty. The carrots have natural sugars in them that, coupled with the coconut oil, caramelize in the heat, creating a soft, chewy, and slightly crispy fry. The flavor is fabulous — all you need is a little salt and pepper, though I’m sure other seasonings would be delicious too!
Roasted Coconut Oil Carrot Fries
I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend.
- 2 pounds fresh organic, washed and cut into fries
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (I liked the expeller-pressed for this recipe)
- fresh ground sea salt and pepper to taste (I love the pink Himalayan salt)
1. Heat your oven to 350. You could also do this on the grill.
2. Wash your carrots. I usually don’t peel them. I just scrub them with my veggie brush. Cut them into fry-like strips.
3. Toss your carrots in a large bowl with the coconut oil until the carrots are all coated with the oil.
4. Spread the carrots on a sheet pan pour any excess coconut oil over them.
5. Generously coat with the sea salt and pepper.
6. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes without opening the door. Then, open and stir the carrots.
7. Cook for another 30 minutes, or until the carrots are soft, brown, and some of the smaller ones are crispy.
8. Remove from the heat and serve.
If you like what you’ve read here, please keep in touch! You can subscribe to my semi-monthly newsletter or subscribe to email updates so you never miss a new post. You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+. Have a question? Contact me here.
*Advertisements from my trusted affiliate partners*