I love coconut oil.
If you’re not already familiar with the awesome coconutty world that I love, check out these posts:
- Coconut Oil Health Benefits: Why is it so Wonderful?
- Let’s Get Personal: How Coconut Oil Has Been Helping Me
- 52 Uses for Coconut Oil – The Simple, The Strange, and The Downright Odd!
- 122 Uses for Coconut Oil – Even More of the Simple, the Strange, and the Downright Odd
- Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s – New and Exciting Research
- Coconut Oil Offers Hope for Those Suffering From ALS, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s
- Coconut Oil for Healthy, Happy Pets – Why it’s Good and How to Use (it’s not just good for us, it’s good for our pet friends too!)
I do a lot of writing and talking about coconut oil. The #1 question that I always get is “how do I use it?” In my opinion, the absolute best way to incorporate more coconut oil into your diet is to use it in your cooking and baking. You can replace most other oils with coconut oil. To be quite honest, coconut oil is the only oil I use for most of my cooking and baking. I use both virgin coconut oil and refined coconut oil from my affiliate partner, Tropical Traditions. I do use eco-friendly palm shortening and palm oil on occasions (also from Tropical Traditions). For cold dishes, I use extra virgin olive oil, cold-pressed sesame oil, or avocado oil (affiliate links). But, I’d venture to say that 80% of the oil I use is coconut oil.
If you’re new to coconut oil, make sure you read the health benefits post I wrote and learn why I recommend this oil to everyone. If you want to know other ways to use coconut oil, check out the 122 Uses for Coconut Oil post. Tons of ideas in there, many shared directly with my from readers like you!
Eat More Coconut Oil: 115 Delicious Real Food Coconut Oil Recipes
Want to eat more coconut oil, but don’t know where to start? Here are a ton of recipes to get you started. All of these recipes use coconut oil in some amount, be it a little, or a lot.
SIDE DISHES AND VEGGIES
Homemade Orange Chicken (better than takeout!)
BAKED GOODS, SNACKS, AND DESSERTS
BONUS NON-FOOD RECIPES
Looking for coconut oil and other real food ingredients? Check out my Resources page for more information. I only recommend brands that I have tried and trust. My favorite source for coconut oil is Tropical Traditions. If you order through this link, and you are a new customer, you will receive a free copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book (a $25 value), which is full of coconut health information, testimonials, and delicious recipes.
*Advertisements from my trusted affiliate partners*