Every year, I go through my website stat reports and take a look at the top posts for that year. It is always interesting to see what posts got the most traffic. I couldn’t help but giggle at this year’s top 12 posts. 9 out of 12 are coconut related in some form or fashion. I really have become a coco-nut and what’s even more amusing is that I have quite a few coconut-related articles lined up for 2013, so stay tuned!
Let’s take a look back over the Top 12 Posts of 2012.
12. Lactofermented Garlic Recipe: I LOVE this garlic. I make it by the 2 liter jar and I was so excited to see how many readers love it too! The fermentation process takes the heat and fire out of the garlic. It becomes smooth and sometimes buttery. You can use any way you would normally use garlic, plus the brine makes AMAZING salad dressing. If you haven’t tried it yet, you simply must. It is a staple for any home that loves garlic!
11. Make Your Own Curry Powder Spice Blend: This recipe is actually my sister’s. She made the most amazing curry when I was down there last spring and it was delicious! I just had to have the recipe, because it reminded me of the curry at my favorite restaurant here in Denver. So easy to make, cheaper, and it tastes better. It’s a win-win all the way around.
10. Homemade Coconut Milk Shampoo and Body Wash: This stuff is amazing. It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. It’s easy to make, costs way less than anything in the store, and is chemical and toxin free! Adjust the essential oils to make your favorite scent combinations. I love the orange vanilla mint!
9. Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s: New and Exciting Research: There is some very promising information coming out on how coconut oil might be able to help those with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. I compiled the latest news in that post, however, I do need to update it to reflect even more new information that has been released since I first published it in April. More on this coming in 2013!
8. 122 Uses for Coconut Oil: Printable Images: I got such an overwhelming response to my post “122 Uses for Coconut Oil“, including comments and emails asking for printable versions, that I put these images together. Now, you can print them off and hang them on the fridge, so you never forget all the things coconut oil can be used for!
7. Coconut Oil Hair Treatment with Egg Yolks and Honey: Dry, frizzy, dull hair? This coconut oil hair treatment uses three simple ingredients to deep condition your hair. I have found for me personally it helps calm the frizz during the winter. I have such fine hair that I only do it once a month, but my hair feels silky and shiny afterwards.
6. Make Your Own Coconut Oil Toothpaste: Coconut oil is great for our teeth! I love this toothpaste and use it daily. The recipe is easy and a little goes a long way. All of the ingredients are geared towards helping improve dental health. I couldn’t believe how excited people were about it!
5. Gluten and Grain Free Coconut Flour Pie Crust: Gluten free pie crusts can be tricky. This is the recipe I use for both sweet and savory dishes. I like to make the crusts thin, since coconut flour can be so dense and filling.
4. How to Make Your Own Coconut Milk: I admit, I use both storebought and homemade coconut milk. I prefer the homemade for just plain drinking, but I do like to use storebought for ice cream and thickening soups. If you haven’t tried making your own homemade coconut milk, I highly encourage it. The milk tastes fresh and delicious! You will be hooked. I show you just how easy it is!
3. Homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipe: When I posted this recipe, I had no idea how many people would love it as much as I do. It is such an easy recipe to make and tastes WAY better than anything you could buy in the stores. Use the highest quality ingredients you can and it will yield a smooth, creamy sauce that is rich and comforting. Tastes great on just about anything!
2. 122 Uses for Coconut Oil – Even More of the Simple, Strange, and Downright Odd!: Yes, 122 uses! Isn’t it cool? Who knew how versatile coconut oil could be? Plus, there are gobs more uses out there that aren’t even covered in this one post!
1. 52 Uses for Coconut Oil – The Simple, The Strange, and the Downright Odd!: The post that started it all! After posting this back in January, I quickly found that I was not the only person who was coo coo for coconuts! This post allowed me to meet coconut lovers from across the world. Without all of your comments, Facebook posts, and emails, I would have never been able to write the subsequent 122 uses post, so for that, I thank you!
Well, that wraps up the top 12 posts according to Google, however, I’d love to hear from you! What was your favorite post from 2012? Is there anything that you would like to see me write on in 2013? I always love comments and suggestions, so leave a comment below, or shoot me an email!
Happy New Year to ALL of you!