There is so much information being published right now about the positive effects of coconut oil and Alzheimer’s sufferers. This is an area that I am still learning about, but I am sharing the information I find with as many people as possible. I don’t personally know anyone who is suffering with Alzheimer’s, but many of you do and this information might be highly beneficial. If you know someone who is, or may be suffering, with Alzheimer’s or dementia, this information might be worth sharing with them or their caregivers.
I wanted to compile a list of the latest news on the subject and give you a jumping off point in case you wanted to research further. If you have any resources you’d like to add, please leave them in the comments below. Let’s get the word out about this and see if we can make people’s lives happier and healthier. You’re not going to see a lot of this info in mainstream media, however, there is some happening, which is incredibly promising. There are some medical doctors who are starting to stand up and take notice, so we might be right on the cusp of some change. Let’s keep our fingers and toes crossed!
Please note: The content shared on this site is for informational and educational purposes only. Statements/products discussed have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease or illness. Please consult your own certified health care practitioner before making changes to your current diet or before beginning any herbal or vitamin supplement regimen or exercise program.
Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s – New and Exciting Research
- Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s, by Brian Shilhavy
- Alzheimer’s: Diabetes of the Brain? – Dr. Oz
- Man in His 80’s with “Severe Dementia” Returning to Old Self After Starting Coconut Oil, Health Impact News
- Coconut Oil Reverses the Effects of Alzheimer’s in 50 Year Old Woman, Health Impact News
- What If There Was A Cure For Alzheimer’s Disease And No One Knew? by Dr. Mary Newport
- Vitamin D and Cholesterol Needed to Prevent Alzheimer’s – Coconut Oil Provides Needed Fuel for the Brain, Dr. Mercola
- CBN Reports on Coconut Oil for Alzheimer’s, Health Impact News
- What Coconut Oil Does For Mom, Health Impact News
- Alzheimer’s and Coconut Oil: How Coconut Oil Gave Me Back My Brain – Ian Blair Hamilton and Cassie Bond talk about how coconut oil changed their lives.
- Could Low Cholesterol Levels be a Factor in Alzheimer’s Disease?, by Dr John Briffa for The Cholesterol Truth
- FDA Admits Statins Cause Memory Loss, Liver Damage, and Diabetes, by Dr John Briffa for The Cholesterol Truth
The Future Looks Promising
There seems to be new information coming online about this every single day. I will try to share new info that I find, but please send this post and these resources to anyone you think could benefit from the information. If nothing else, we all need to up our doses of daily coconut oil, just to help our brains now. For more information on coconut oil, check out two of my posts on the subject:
52 Uses for Coconut Oil – The Simple, The Strange, and The Downright Odd! (make sure you check out the comments on this post. There are WAY more than 52 uses for coconut oil, thanks to readers who have left their ideas and experiences!)
For more information on coconut oil and health, as well as some new information on Alzheimer’s, I recommend the Virgin Coconut Oil book from Tropical Traditions. They just released a new edition of this book for 2012 and it includes an entire chapter on Alzheimer’s. In addition to the new Alzheimer’s information, the book includes specific info on coconut oil and various illnesses and ailments, stories from real people, recipes, and more. If you’re a new customer of Tropical Traditions, then you can receive this book for free with your first order, by placing your order through this link (you’ll get the free book and I’ll get a discount coupon for referring you! Thanks!). Even if you’re not a new customer, I still recommend getting this updated book. A lot has changed over the last few years and the information in this book is invaluable in my opinion. It also makes a great gift for someone, so if you’ve got any birthdays or special occasions coming up, consider this book as a gift!