Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s – New and Exciting Research

Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s - New and Exciting Research Follow Me on Pinterest

There  is so much information being published right now about the positive effects of coconut oil and Alzheimer’s sufferers. This is an area that I am still learning about, but I am sharing the information I find with as many people as possible. I don’t personally know anyone who is suffering with Alzheimer’s, but many of you do and this information might be highly beneficial. If you know someone who is, or may be suffering, with Alzheimer’s or dementia, this information might be worth sharing with them or their caregivers.

I wanted to compile a list of the latest news on the subject and give you a jumping off point in case you wanted to research further. If you have any resources you’d like to add, please leave them in the comments below. Let’s get the word out about this and see if we can make people’s lives happier and healthier. You’re not going to see a lot of this info in mainstream media, however, there is some happening, which is incredibly promising. There are some medical doctors who are starting to stand up and take notice, so we might be right on the cusp of some change. Let’s keep our fingers and toes crossed!

Please note: The content shared on this site is for informational and educational purposes only. Statements/products discussed have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease or illness. Please consult your own certified health care practitioner before making changes to your current diet or before beginning any herbal or vitamin supplement regimen or exercise program.

Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s – New and Exciting Research

Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s, by Brian Shilhavy

Alzheimer’s: Diabetes of the Brain? – Dr. Oz

Man in His 80’s with “Severe Dementia” Returning to Old Self After Starting Coconut Oil, Health Impact News

Coconut Oil Reverses the Effects of Alzheimer’s in 50 Year Old Woman, Health Impact News

What If There Was A Cure For Alzheimer’s Disease And No One Knew? by Dr. Mary Newport

Vitamin D and Cholesterol Needed to Prevent Alzheimer’s – Coconut Oil Provides Needed Fuel for the Brain, Dr. Mercola

CBN Reports on Coconut Oil for Alzheimer’s, Health Impact News

What Coconut Oil Does For Mom, Health Impact News

Alzheimer’s and Coconut Oil: How Coconut Oil Gave Me Back My Brain – Ian Blair Hamilton and Cassie Bond talk about how coconut oil changed their lives.

Could Low Cholesterol Levels be a Factor in Alzheimer’s Disease?, by Dr John Briffa for The Cholesterol Truth

FDA Admits Statins Cause Memory Loss, Liver Damage, and Diabetes, by Dr John Briffa for The Cholesterol Truth

The Future Looks Promising

There seems to be new information coming online about this every single day. I will try to share new info that I find, but please send this post and these resources to anyone you think could benefit from the information. If nothing else, we all need to up our doses of daily coconut oil, just to help our brains now. For more information on coconut oil, check out two of my posts on the subject:

Coconut Oil – Why is it so Wonderful?

52 Uses for Coconut Oil – The Simple, The Strange, and The Downright Odd! (make sure you check out the comments on this post. There are WAY more than 52 uses for coconut oil, thanks to readers who have left their ideas and experiences!)

Virgin Coconut Oil Book from Tropical Traditions

For more information on coconut oil and health, as well as some new information on Alzheimer’s, I recommend the Virgin Coconut Oil book from Tropical Traditions. They just released a new edition of this book for 2012 and it includes an entire chapter on Alzheimer’s. In addition to the new Alzheimer’s information, the book includes specific info on coconut oil and various illnesses and ailments, stories from real people, recipes, and more. If you’re a new customer of Tropical Traditions, then you can receive this book for free with your first order, by choosing “referred by a friend” at checkout and entering code #6965958. Even if you’re not a new customer, I still recommend getting this updated book. A lot has changed over the last few years and the information in this book is invaluable in my opinion. It also makes a great gift for someone, so if you’ve got any birthdays or special occasions coming up, consider this book as a gift!

1. MY WIFE IS IN THE RIVER EAST PERSONAL CARE HOME 1375 MOLSON ST;WINNIPEG MANITOBA R3K 4K8 RM -C24 PH#204 6687460 I HAVE HAD HER ON EXTRA VIRGIN COCONUT OIL GOING ON 3 MONTHS I AM FINDING A GREAT IMPROVEMENT IN HER,SHE WAS DIAGNOSED NEARLY 6 YEARS AGO BY OUR DOCTOR.HER DR; IN THE HOME TODAY SAID KEEP GIVING HER THE COCONUT OIL. NEALE GRIER

neale grier
    Posted 05/23/12

• Hi Neale – I am glad to hear your wife is having success! I wish you both all the best!

Posted 05/25/12

2. Documenting my family’s journey through a personal blog at thecureforad.com
    After learning about Dr. Newport’s results, we had to try with my dad. We have seen some definite changes in his focus. Only been on it for about 3 wks, not everyone I’ve read is having the same results in the quick amount of time as Melissa’s dad, but some people are, and that is awesome! I think Dr. Newport said in her report that the most significant changes, she didn’t see until around the 3rd month? I believe. The thing is, there is nowhere but down with this horrible disease, so if there is something natural that won’t hurt, and can only help other areas of your health, along with *hopefully* improving symptoms of diseases such as Alzheimers, such a shame not to even try it.

TheCureForAD
    Posted 08/14/12

• Thank you for stopping by and sharing part of your story! I will make sure to keep up with your blog. I know that coconut oil might not be the cure-all, but if it can relieve some of the symptoms and help AD sufferers lead a happier life, then by all means! :)

Posted 08/15/12

3. That is exactly how I feel Jessica, what can it possibly hurt? Thanks for your wonderful site!

TheCureForAD
    Posted 09/09/12

4. My friends mom was just diagnosed, so I am starting my research to write a post to help her. THANK YOU FOR all of your research!!!! I will def reference you and your website. Thank you again!!

Kerri
    Posted 10/19/12

• MY MOM IS SUFFERING FROM A.D.SINCE LAST 7 YEARS. THE DETORIATION IS SLOW. AFTER HEARING ABOUT COCONUT OIL TREATMET, STARTED HER WITH 2-3 T SPOON TWICE A DAY. FOUND SOME IMPROVEMENT IN WALKING AFTER TWO MONTHS WHERE AS SHE WAS UNABLE TO STAND & WALK. NOW A DAYS SHE CANT STAND ON HER OWN BUT TRIES TO WALK A LITTLE WITH SUPPORT BUT CONSISTANTLY!

SANJAY PURANIK
      Posted 10/20/12

• That is great! Thank you for stopping by and sharing your story! I know it will offer encouragement to other readers who are facing the same issues with loved ones! :)

Posted 10/20/12

• this is now more than three months with coconut oiltreatment twice a day. found significant changes like improvement in walking, self balancing, talking, understanding things, & more flexibility in muscles. But still found no improvement in short term memory. lets hope for the best

sanjay puranik
          Posted 11/24/12

5. BE interested in your reaction to this report — http://bit.ly/T1ttm3 — and to the Alzheimer’s Association’s appraisal of the coconut oil unsubstantiated hype, mostly from those with a financial interest in promoting it.. Here’s AA appropriate conclusion: “The coconut oil promise has been around for more than three years. If the administration of coconut oil was, indeed, beneficial, it would be shouted from every mountaintop.”
    Give us a break from this nonsense!

John Schappi
    Posted 10/19/12

• John – Everyone is going to have different reactions when adding coconut oil to their diet. I am not saying it’s a miracle cure, but the independent research and the countless testimonials that I have read show that is offers hope when it comes to AD. Of course the AA is against it — if it works, it means that people don’t need to take, or don’t need as much medication, therefore affecting the pocketbooks of Big Pharma and ultimately AA. Your comment about how AA is saying that it is hype from those with financial interest in promoting it, could be flipped right around on them. Any time something like this comes into the mainstream, Big Pharma will always be there to try to shut it down.

I have always been a believer in food and holistic treatments first and medication as a last resort. If coconut oil is working for some people, then that is fabulous. There is a very large section about Alzheimer’s research here: http://coconutoil.com/coconut-oil-research-alzheimers/. There are articles and testimony from many different people. I have personally had much success with coconut oil and various ailments that I am dealing with, so I will continue to share the information I find, in hopes that it helps even just one person. Thanks for stopping by!

Posted 10/20/12

6. Jessica,

Thank you for highlighting the benefits of coconut oil. My husband and I are trying to get the word out to even more people by making a free, downloadable video to explain how it works for Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias. Please, check out our fundraising campaign on Indiegogo (listed in website above).

Keep spreading the word!

Vicki Cash, RN

Vicki Cash
    Posted 11/01/12

• Hi Vicki – Thank you for stopping by. I will check out your site! :)

Posted 11/01/12

7. Would greatly appreciate links to the “countless testimonials” referred to. So far, I’ve only found a handful, so I remain unconvinced of the efficacy of coconut oil supplements. I have no doubt the AA would embrace a natural cure, so bashing them for being skeptical serves no purpose.

Thanks,
    Chelsea

Chelsea Schalton
    Posted 07/07/14

• Hi Chelsea – You can find a lot of testimonials here: http://coconutoil.com/coconut-oil-research-alzheimers/. In addition, there are quite a few forums out there where alternative Alz treatments are discussed. A Google search will yield good results.

The Alzheimer’s Association is backed by Big Pharma and that is the reason that alternative treatments (like coconut oil) are not researched. Because coconut oil (and many natural remedies) cannot be patented, there is no money to be made. And, Big Pharma will only do studies on things that yield great potential for revenue. Any time you are dealing with disease, whether it be Alzheimer’s or cancer, you have to follow the money. There are many, MANY natural cures for cancer out there, but those cures are suppressed thanks to the FDA. Again, no money to be made from natural cures.

Here is the AA’s response to coconut oil: http://coconutoil.com/coconut-oil-research-alzheimers/. I don’t trust, nor do I support any mainstream disease organization because of the amount of fraud that takes place and how the focus is always on money, NOT on finding a cure or a safe treatment for the disease in question. For further research, I recommend checking out the following sites:

Posted 07/08/14