Apple “Muesli” (grain free)

Apple "Muesli" (grain free) // deliciousobsessions.com Follow Me on Pinterest

This apple “muesli” recipe is from my childhood. My mother used to make this for me for breakfast or an afternoon snack. I had completely forgotten about it until she reminded me about it a few years ago. I was so excited to make it again and when I did, I was immediately transported back to her kitchen. Food stirs up such powerful memories for some people, myself included. Different tastes and smells remind me of people and places from my past on a regular basis.

So many of the recipes I share here are from my childhood. My mother is an excellent cook and I owe my success in the kitchen to her. She had me helping her in the kitchen from a very young age and my love for cooking is because of her.

There is no gluten, dairy, or grains in this “muesli”. It’s a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack and can be made in a snap. You can use whatever nuts you like and could add different fruits even and I’m sure it would be delicious!

Delicious Obsessions Product Recommendations

My affiliate partner, Vitacost, has really good prices on some of the ingredients in this recipe. If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase from Vitacost, and when your order ships, I’ll get a $10 off coupon for referring you. The cool thing about this program is that you can then refer your family and friends through your own link and YOU can get the $10 coupons too! :)

In addition, my affiliate partner, Tropical Traditions, is where I get all of my coconut products from and if you make a purchase from them through any of my links, you will receive a free copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.

Mountain Rose Herbs is where I get all of my herbs and spices products. Because of their exceptional products and customer service, I am happy to support them as one of my affiliate partners. I have tried many brands of herbs over the years and keep coming back to Mountain Rose.

Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!

Apple "Muesli" (grain free)

Prep time
Total time

I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. All funds earned go to help support the maintenance of this site and free content. Thank you! :)
Author:
Recipe type: Gluten and Dairy Free Breakfast or Snack
Serves: 1
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. In a food processor, place the nuts and whiz until they are coarsely chopped.
  2. Add the coconut, apple, maple syrup and cinnamon and whiz a couple times until the apple is also coarsely chopped.
  3. Serve immediately.

1. Wow, I wish my mom had made that for me! :-)

Anne
    Posted 10/13/11

2. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing. We have so many apples at the moment, so I’m always looking for ways to use them up.

Emma
    Posted 10/14/11

• I hope you enjoy it. It’s such a simple recipe and so fast to make. Great for those mornings when you don’t have much time! :)

Anonymous
      Posted 10/24/11

3. I’m drooling and wishing that I had some apples right now.  (Should I be embarrassed to admit that?)  Thanks for the idea for my future breakfasts, though.  I have a very limited breakfast menu.

Carol
    Posted 10/15/11

• Sorry I’ve been so slow at responding to comments. Since my blog has been having so many issues, I’m a little behind! I see that you’ve already tried it and I am oh so happy that you enjoyed it! :)

Anonymous
      Posted 10/24/11

4. Guess what I’m eating right now!

Silly me, I didn’t print out the recipe, but thought I could remember it.  So… mine is made of an apple and 1/4 cup of the nuts and coconut.  That’s a lot of breakfast!!!  I rarely eat any sweeteners so I didn’t add the maple syrup.  This big, honkin’ bowl of breakfast is wonderfully sweet without it!

Thanks for the recipe (even if I didn’t follow it correctly)!  Delicious!

Carol
    Posted 10/18/11

• Yay! So glad you liked it. Yeah. depending on how big your apple is, it can end up making enough for two people. All of my gala apples have been really small recently, so it’s been the perfect serving for me. So glad you enjoyed it! :)

Anonymous
      Posted 10/24/11

5. yum…looks very delicious and healthy too. I never try this recipe yet. Thank you for sharing. Dropping some love for Food Trip Friday, hope that you can return the favor too.

JESSICA Cassidy
    Posted 11/13/11

• Hi Jessica! Great name! ;) Thanks for stopping by and commenting. This is one of my favorite breakfasts. I’ll head over and check out your blog :)

Posted 11/13/11

6. This sounds wonderful and easy! It could be made even healthier if
    I soak the nuts first, and peel the almonds!

Nadine