This post may contain affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product or service I wouldn’t use on my own family.
You probably know by now that I love fast and easy meals and this simple side dish of zucchini, squash, and onions is a cinch to whip up and super delicious!
We’re all busy, but we know the importance of eating healthy, real food, so even if it take a little longer, most of the time (we’re not perfect!) we go out of our way to fix wholesome meals.
This is a super fast side dish that only take a few minutes to prepare and is a great way to get a few veggies into one meal. Feel free to add in whatever veggies you have on hand. The squash and zucchini combination reminds me of something my mom used to make, so that’s why I love it, but as with all of my recipes, I encourage you to make them your own.
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!
- 2 organic zucchini, washed and sliced
- 2 organic yellow summer squash (or squash of your choosing), washed and sliced
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional - omit if dairy free or autoimmune)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- In a large skillet, warm your coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the squash, zucchini, onion, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and let cook, stirring occasionally, about 8-10 minutes or until tender, but not mushy.
- Remove the lid and turn up the heat a little to brown the veggies slightly.
- Serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- This side dish also reheats very well and tastes wonderful added into your morning scrambled eggs or omelette!
*Advertisements from my trusted affiliate partners*
Need some help getting dinner on the table? I recommend these Grain-Free Meal Plans, perfect for GAPS, SCD, Paleo, Primal, and other restricted diets.