This post may contain affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product or service I wouldn’t use on my own family.
This homemade magic shell ice cream topping recipe is so easy to make and uses coconut oil! My hubby loves Magic Shell, but it’s full of all sorts of nasty stuff, so when I first bought my ice cream maker last February, I thought I would try making my own.
This homemade magic shell ice cream topping recipe uses on a few simple ingredients, including nourishing coconut oil and is a great hit with kids (big and little!). Looking for something to put it on? Check out these recipes:
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations
My affiliate partner, Vitacost, has really good prices on some of the ingredients in this recipe. If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase from Vitacost, and when your order ships, I’ll get a $10 off coupon for referring you. The cool thing about this program is that you can then refer your family and friends through your own link and YOU can get the $10 coupons too!
In addition, my affiliate partner, Tropical Traditions, is where I get all of my coconut products from and if you make a purchase from them through any of my links, you will receive a free copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.
Homemade Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping Recipe With Coconut Oil
I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup high-quality organic cocoa powder (you can also use carob powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (if you want to go sugar-free, you can eliminate this)
- 10 drops vanilla stevia (optional)
- In a double boiler (or sauce pan over low heat), melt all of the ingredients together.
- Using an immersion blender, whiz everything together. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender. This helps emulsify the ingredients so they don’t separate.
- Serve over your favorite non-dairy vanilla ice cream. Tastes great on vanilla kefir ice cream!