This Peppermint White Hot Chocolate Recipe came about years ago when I was totally addicted to Starbucks (like seriously addicted — I’d go at least once a day, sometimes twice). One of my favorite drinks that they made was their Peppermint White Hot Chocolate — so rich, creamy, sweet, and decadent.
And not at all good for me, especially with the number of drinks I consumed during that period of my life!
I decided that I needed to try making it at home, not only for my health, but for my budget. Not only was it very simple to recreate, now I don’t feel so guilty about indulging in the sweet beverage once in awhile. Lots of healthy fats and you can adjust the sweetener to suit your own preferences. I prefer things much less sweet today, since I have broken my sugar addiction and don’t consume much sugar now.
This delicious drink can be doubled, tripled, even quadrupled, if you’re making it for a big group of people. It’s rich and satisfying and absolutely perfect on a cold winter day after being outside in the snow.
Delicious Obsessions Product Recommendations
My affiliate partner, Vitacost, has really good prices on some of the ingredients in this recipe. If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase from Vitacost, and when your order ships, I’ll get a $10 off coupon for referring you. The cool thing about this program is that you can then refer your family and friends through your own link and YOU can get the $10 coupons too!
In addition, my affiliate partner, Tropical Traditions, is where I get all of my coconut products from and if you make a purchase from them through any of my links, you will receive a free copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.
P.S. I always like to add a tablespoon or so of gelatin into my beverages for added nutrition. If you want to learn more about gelatin and its benefits for our health, I highly recommend this book, The Gelatin Secret: The Surprising Superfood That Transforms Your Health and Beauty, from my affiliate partner, Sylvie McCracken. This book is packed with incredible information on how gelatin helps all aspects of our health and also features delicious recipes!
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!
- ¼ cup of white chocolate chips (you can also make your own)
- 2 cups of coconut milk (you can also use cow's milk too, preferably raw)
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla (learn how to make your own vanilla here)
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed gelatin
- ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract
- Whipped cream or whipped coconut cream (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, melt the white chocolate over very low heat.
- Add the milk, honey, and gelatin and turn the heat up to medium-low. Stir continuously to combine and keep the milk from burning.
- After the mixture has heated up, add the vanilla and peppermint extract. Stir and remove from heat.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and if you really want to get fancy, you can add some crushed peppermint candies.
- Serve immediately.